Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror
Online first-person shooter game inspired by Counter-Strike
- Category Action
- License Free
- Version 3.1.5 (2nd Edition)
- Size 212.23 MB
- Works under Windows XP / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 98 / Windows 95
- Language English
Tactical Ops Assault on Terror is a classic first person shooter for Windows.
Tactical Ops Assault on Terror is a time capsule for First Person Shooter games, showing how far a small team can take an idea. This game was originally designed as a Team Fortress mod and later became a game so great that it rivaled Counter Strike – a major feat for such a small game.
The first thing we love about this game is the fact that it features bright, easy to see graphics that make it stand out. So many military first person shooter games from this time period are so dark and brooding, they’re a bit hard to distinguish from one another.
This game has a LOT of mods available for it that can improve the graphics, gameplay and other things that can make it a bit more modern. There is still a small yet very dedicated mod community that still works on this game, but don’t expect any major updates nearly 20 years on after the game was released.
Another thing we love is the fact that this game features a very intense storyline that keeps you engaged and immersed in the world. The game offers multiplayer that works well in Windows XP, but if you’re running a new computer (Windows Vista and newer) multiplayer may not work well or at all.
The game can come off a bit grim, but if you remember that it came out right after the September 11th terror attacks the attitude in the game makes sense. If you’re sensitive to these kinds of issues, you may want to try another first person shooter like Dead Space instead that doesn’t mix politics with gameplay.
All in all, Tactical Ops Assault on Terror is a solid first person shooter game for Windows that features multiplayer, distinctive graphics, an immersive storyline and a lot of mods that can help change the look and feel of the game. If you're looking for a game to play on older computers it's definitely worth checking out.
- Bright Graphics, Not Dark Like Other Shooters One of the most notable things about this game is that it features brighter graphics, so you can actually see what you’re shooting at.
- Interesting Look Into Classic Military FPS History Developed originally as a TF mod, this game became a rival to the Counter Strike franchise and continues to be an amazing look into the evolution of First Person Shooter games.
- Many Mods Available There are many mods available that improve the AI, textures, gameplay and more.
- Premise is Somewhat Grim This game was released on the heels of the 9/11 attacks in the United States, so it presents a somewhat grim view of the War on Terror and reflects the attitudes of the time.
- Works Better With Mods This game definitely works much better with mods than trying to run it vanilla (usual version).